I am a graduate. Words cannot express the joy my heart feels in that I will not ever have to be a student at Heritage High School again. No more SAT's. No more AP junk. No more mystery meat in our salads at lunch. No more gross, nasty, inappropriate make-out sessions in front of MY locker that result in my tardiness to classes. No more crude language in the hallways. No more pink spik-ed hair kids. No more unnecessary homework assignments regarding why I chose to be in environmental explorations. No more early morning club meetings. No more!
On the other hand, no more choir. No more Mrs. Riley and her hilarious/crazy antics. No more mornings and afternoons spent in the choir room. No more Jazz- no more twelve. No more small, tight-knit family feelings with these people.
I know we all say that we will keep in touch; I really hope we do! But how many people actually do that? I hope that in ten years I can look back and say that I still good friends with some of these people- because they are such good people and are so amazing.
Graduation was such a blur of a day. It rained in the morning, so we had to move inside for the ceremony. It was small and cramped, but we all graduated, which was the point. So mission accomplished, I guess. I, of course being a W, waited for a good half and hour before my line stood up (class of 430... it took a while). My name was called, I walked across the stage, shook a few hands, posed for the camera, and then walked off. That was it. I had waited SO LONG for that moment, and it was gone in a flash. I was so happy though. It was a small fleeting moment, but so worth it!
Mom planned a fun little lunch and the Cummings, Wrides and Carpenters came over- it was good food, and really good company! Then Lisa Carpenter paid for Amy, Kasee and I to get mani/pedi's at Lansdowne resort. Then Amy and I spent the night at the hotel, eating delicious foods, spending time in the jacuzzi and chilling in the room. It was a blast of a night and the perfect way to celebrate!
I'm spending my summer working (unfortunately) and doing other stuff. Like Youth Conference, trip to Palmyra, Washington state, Cedar City and all that fun stuff!
Next stop: Brigham Young University. GO COUGARS!
Sounds like a fun way to celebrate your graduation! I am so proud of you, Bean. I love you!!!! Gooooooooooo COUGARS!
ReplyDelete