Friday, August 26, 2011

Nearer My God, To Thee

Quick little tender mercy story. So tomorrow (at 11:25 MST, in case you'd like to pray for me :) ) I have a choir audition! AHHH! My first college choir audition. I might be freaking out. A lot. So I came back to my apartment to practice around 8, thinking all my roommates would be out at the orientation stuff still happening. (Don't worry, I was very active ALL day, so I didnt really miss out on anything!) Well turns out one of my suite mates had indeed come back. Well, I was distraught, and I couldnt remember which song I was going to be singing, and it was a rough hour or so. But then, I thought to pray! What a novel idea. INSTANTLY I remembered one song, and just 2 minutes later I remembered the other. Then I had the impression to go into the laundry room in the basement. I was thinking no one would be down there, hopefully, since they might all have been at the orientation thing. Well, as soon as I walked down the stairs, I saw a dark room open. I thought it weird that someone would have left their room open, so I peeked in, and there was just a teeny tiny room, leading to another room, with a piano. My goodness, did I know, at that moment, that Heavenly Father was looking out for me. I closed the two doors, and sang my heart out, more than I had in a long while. It was absolutely perfect. While this may be one of the hardest experiences I have ever endured thus far in my life, I know that my Father has a plan. What it is, I have no idea. But boy, does he have me working/stretching/reaching hard already, which is... needful :)

1 comment:

  1. you are so dang wonderful! good luck tomorrow, I will be praying all morning! iloveyoudearly.

    ReplyDelete