Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Days Go By
College is in full swing now, yippee! I had my first test today, and yes, I took it in the testing center. It went... well, I took it! I am enjoying my classes for the most part and I am really enjoying the people around me, too! I have some really great roommates and great other friends. I feel like I'm just playing house right now, that things are going to go back to "normal" soon, whatever normal is! But I think this will be my life for the next few years! I've got my calling (FHE Committee Co-Chair) and have been visiting teaching and all that great, fun stuff. I am really excited for General Conference this upcoming weekend. I'll spend some time studying, prophet-listening, and sleeping. Please, just some sleep. But really, aside from a single moth attacking incident, I've been sleeping enough. For the average human. Except I'm extra average, therefore I need more than 6 or 7 hours. I'll get there some day. Last weekend I went with some friends to a Kalai concert, which was so great. He's hilarious, and so stinking talented. It was a blast. Then after, a big group of people went laser tagging, which was a blast. I haven't been laser tagging in years, so I came in 12th out of 18... better than I expected! HA. Thursday and Friday of last week I had a concert with the Women's Chorus and the Men's Chorus and BYU Singers and Concert Choir. It was pretty fantastic! But man, did it make me miss Mrs. Riley. I looove Sister Applonie, don't get me wrong. She is the sweetest lady and she's spunky, too. But I am so looking forward to Christmas break to go to the winter concert and giving that crazy wonderful woman a huge hug. Which reminds me, Celeste surprised me today in Womens, she came right up to me and grabbed me in a hug and said "This is from your mom!" It took almost every ounce of strength I had not to burst into tears right then and there. It was so good to see someone from home! I miss Virginia like no other. Utah is great! And it's better than constant rain, (which is occurring because VA is obviously very sad that I am gone...hence the hurricanes) but especially during the fall, I am so going to miss the trees in our front lawn turning those fantastic orange and red colors. Mom, you had better post lots of pictures :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you are having way too much fun.
ReplyDelete:)