Saturday, May 5, 2012

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Say some. Not me. NOPE. I've got the lowest pain tolerance ever. EVER. Blood freaks me out. In fact, it makes me a little hysterical. But that's another story. 

So I was going along my merry little pinning ways on Pinterest, when I came across a recipe for a homemade facial mask: 2 ingredients. Ok, I'm down. I'm bored and it's Saturday night. What else would I be doing? 

I make it, kind of awful smelling, but then it started coming together. I was feeling optimistic. 

It started hardening, like any face mask should. 

Then, it turned to stone. 

As I tried to take it off, the feeling was akin to ripping duct tape off my face. 

"It’s a good thing you can’t see the photo all that well.  Do this until you’re all peeled and your face will feel like a baby’s bottom." -talking about a picture of the author while taking the mask off (from the blog post.) 

  1. It's a good thing you can't see her lava red face that burns for the next three days.  
  2. It's a good thing you can't see all the hair that is pulled from her scalp/eyebrows unintentionally. (So if you see me within the next week and wonder what happened to my eyebrows... you'll know.) 
  3. You're face WILL feel like a baby's bottom, however, after the burning sensation dissipates.
  4. Baby's bottom= aka, the skin you had as a baby. AKA IT WILL RIP 18 YEARS OF SKIN OFF YOUR FACE. 
  5. You WILL want to cry. 
Alright, enough of whining. MORAL IS: DON'T TRUST EVERYTHING YOU PIN. 
PLUS SIDE: this is a good song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment