I am too blessed. About a year ago, I would have mistaken all these blessings for trials. For merely having to make decisions between these blessings. Now, while at times I do feel kind of overwhelmed, it is mostly because these choices are all too good. They all require hard work, but that is something that I have learned to do more and more of recently. For that I am extremely grateful.
With President Monson's announcement of lowering the age of missionaries, another potential blessing has presented itself to me. I've planned on serving a mission since I was 16, but even this past Saturday morning at 10:00 am I thought I had another year and a half before submitting my papers to serve a mission. As of 10:15 am on Saturday, my mind has been racing a mile a minute thinking of all the possibilities the Lord has given me.
I am blessed to have a Heavenly Father who is completely aware of His children and what they need.
I am blessed to have a Savior who understands me and loves me, and has given me a way to become like him.
I am blessed with a knowledge that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the true gospel on the earth, and that the prophet Joseph Smith restored it through the keys of the priesthood.
I am blessed with parents who have given me everything because they have testimonies of the gospel and are obedient to God.
I am blessed with siblings who are stellar examples of disciples of Jesus Christ, for that I am grateful.
I am blessed to have a testimony of prayer and the faith to know that Heavenly Father is waiting for me to reach out to Him with my thoughts and worries and excitements.
I am so excited for the coming year, I can hardly stand it.
We are the ones that are so blessed to have YOU. I can't believe how mature and faithful you are and I am so proud of you. You can do anything and I can't wait to see what you choose! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing! I have been thinking about you ever since the announcement on Sat. morning. Even Maddie said, "I wonder if Laura will go on a mission?" No pressure!!! I think that no matter what decisions you make, they will be GOOD!
ReplyDelete