Monday, March 17, 2014

Come Thou Fount

I'm back. Tell yo friends.

Just kidding. You really don't have to. It's up to you. I won't be offended if no one but your beautiful self reads this. 

Well, since I last "blogged", I've had lots going on. Winter break was just the greatest. Coming back to school was hard because I had SUCH a fabulous time at home with family! School is school. It's mostly a good time. I've been called as a gospel doctrine teacher, meaning that I get to study the Old Testament and teach every 2 weeks or so. I was terrified at first, and I still get pretty nervous, but honestly, I love preparing so much that I almost enjoy this calling. I have done so much scripture study and conference talk reading in the past couple of months, which has been a huge blessing. 


In recent testimony building news, I've been thinking about the hymn "Come Thou Fount". The second line sings "Tune my heart to sing thy grace." 

Tune. 

If you've ever tuned a string instrument or seen someone tune a violin or cello, you know how vital the tuning process to making a beautiful sound. You know that these instruments are so fragile and are rather temperamental; if you leave it in a cold or hot environment for too long, or look at it wrong, it will go out of tune. This is where the tuning pegs come into play. There are the large tuning pegs for larger adjustments and the smaller fine tuners for the slight adjustments. These pegs pull or loosen the strings and apply the correct pressure, according to the destined pitch. This tuning has to be done carefully to avoid snapping or breaking. If we liken this to the gospel, The Master Musician uses the tuning pegs, or trials as we affectionately call them, to turn us into the people He wants us to be, the people He knows we can be. He knows the potential we have to be beautiful.

 It will be worth it to be tuned to sing His grace

3 comments: