Sunday, January 3, 2010

Suddenly I See

Happy New Year! I'm going to change this year. I've decided. :) I think that I've spent too much time complaining about what I want to be, or do, or what I wish were different. I apologize to everyone-I've been a cotton-headed ninnymuggins! I need to "JUST DO IT!" I was thinking about this yesterday, and had a change of heart. I doesn't matter if I'm a size 20 or a size 0, what matters is what I think of myself and more importantly, my Heavenly Father. Sometimes its hard to keep that in perspective. Now I'm not saying that I don't think being healthy and fit is important, believe me- that is (from now on) a top priority! My peers should respect me as a person, and should see that I have confidence. Another goal of mine this year is to build up my confidence. You may ask yourself, how will she accomplish this? Well folks, I've got it figured out. I'm going do anything and everything I want to despite the fact that I might be absolutely terrified to do these things. I will stop living in fear! I know, I know, easier said than done, but really, the lightbulb has come on- the gears have clicked- the fung is back in fung shui. ?? I want to write a book. I want to travel overseas again. I want to give back. I want to have the light of Christ. I want to be a friend. I want to read the classics. I want to dance. I want to play cello. I want to play piano. I want to be a musician. I want to sing. I want to put others first. I want to be active.
Let us, then, be up and doing,
With a heart for any fate ;
Still achieving, still pursuing,
Learn to labor and to wait.
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment