Sunday, October 17, 2010

These Are The Days

I just have so much to be thankful for right now, even though I may not show it all the time. My grandpa is here and will be here for a few months, and I'm loving having him here. He is the sweetest old man you'll ever meet. The other night he prayed for the football players at Heritage during the Homecoming game. Needless to say, we lost (big surprise, right?), however, I do believe that that was the first time those football players have been prayed for. I thought it was quite funny.
I'm really enjoying my classes at school, which is a refreshing idea. I'm taking Psychology, and come to find out I really liked learning about the brain. Who knows why, but I just thought it was SO incredible the way each spec of a brain has some function or another and through the interacting neurons, that's how we move, communicate, sleep, cry, whatever. Anyway, I just really like that class right now. :)
I made Virginia State Honor's Choir, which was a HUGE surprise to me. But I'm really excited about that. I thought I had butchered my sightreading towards the end (which was 8 measures with a La-Re skip...I think.), but it turns out that I got 35/40! WOOT! I thought after the audition that I did the best that I possibly could have on my song, which I was thrilled about. And I got 77/80 and a 75/80 from the judges, so woohoo! The performance is in later November, the 18-20 I think? So all you family who are coming for thanksgiving I will see you right after!
Which brings me to my next grateful tid-bit. We are singing Christmas music in choir. Do you know what this means?!
1.Halloween (aka, the day before we can listen to CHRISTMAS TUNES!!!!)
2.CHOCOLATE DAY!!!!! (aka, the holiday which is neck and neck with Christmas.)
3.Thanksgiving!!(THE WHOLE FAMILY WILL BE HERE!!!!& I get a WHOLE WEEK off of school!)
4....byu/usu/suu college applications. ......
5.CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!
Ward Conference was today. Can I just say how much I love going to church and hearing from the Stake President and the Bishop?! I know that they are truly the Lord's servants to guide and direct us here in Leesburg, VA.
I'm pretty happy with how things are in my life right now! We were talking about Job today in Sunday School, and it reminded me that we don't only need the Lord when we are IN need, but when we are feeling the blessings of the Lord as well!
And I'm also really, really grateful for my awesome family and friends who are so amazing.

2 comments:

  1. And I am grateful to have you as my sister! I am so glad that you are happy! I am getting excited for all the fun holidays that are coming up! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are sooooooo cute. I looooooooove you.

    ReplyDelete