Sunday, January 16, 2011

Do You Believe in Magic?

What a week. What a week. So Monday was vocal auditions for the school musical, Oklahoma! It was quite exciting. Although I wasn't all that nervous, surprisingly, which was a fantastic surprise :)! SO Tuesday, we were supposed to have dance auditions, so of course the snow came and spoiled that for us. Wednesday we had a two hour delay and had dance auditions that evening. Thursday was callbacks, woot! And Friday I found out I got the part of Aunt Eller. She's the feisty old woman, who according the Grandma Wride, is the "backbone" of the show. In a way, Eller kind of reminds me of Grandma. So I'm really excited to show grandma what I can do:) She called me and told me that she was envious that I get to do this show, so I better do it well. I love that woman.

Just a small idea of what she's like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBf1Bkk8Gdk

So with rehearsals a plenty in my future, mom and I have decided that I need to make some cuts. Some things are additions that, while they are great and wonderful, I just don't have enough hours in the day to accomplish all that I need to and stay healthy and sane. Especially with college apps still in progress- that's kind of mandatory. But anywho, I just need to decide what it is that is going on hold.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Bean! I am so excited for you :) Rehearsals for the spring musical are some of my best memories from high school, you're going to have a blast!
    Time for me to Netflix Oklahoma! so I can refresh my memory!

    ReplyDelete