A happiest birthday to my dear, sweet niece Madeline.
Yesterday she turned 8 years old. Do you know what that means? She was born eight years ago. Yes. This blows my mind. I cannot believe she is already eight years old! I remember being eight. That was just 10 years ago. Anywho, this ain't about me.
![]() |
Madeline Elena was the first born grandchild, which means that she was probably the most spoiled (I guess at first, because the Grandparents sure do spoil all of the grandkids) and I remember being SO excited to be an aunt, even though we were living in Spain at the time. She was the most beautiful little girl I'd ever seen. Really.
She has always been such a great older sister to those little guys. That's one of the qualities I love most about her: she's a genuine sweetheart.
![]() |
| thank goodness she is so silly, too. |
Maddie is such a wonderful young lady. She's always got a plan and is always doing something. It amazes me how creative she is and how much energy she has! I was so excited for her to go to school, because she flourished just as we all knew that she would. I called her yesterday to wish her a happy birthday, and I wanted to cry she sounded so grown up! I realized after I we said goodbye that I had been talking to her like she was 3 years old. But no, she is 8. She's growing up, Em!
I love you, Maddie!




Sweet! Ha, I did the same thing Bean. "How old are you turning? 8?! No! Did you have a party?" It was about there that I could almost hear her rolling her eyes at me. Yikes. All grown up! Love you Maddie!
ReplyDeleteThank you Laura! So sweet! I love the silly picture of Maddie and Spencer!
ReplyDelete