Without further ado, "20 Reasons Why My Dad, Brad, is the Bee's Knees"
1. He has SWEET dance moves. You'll just have to trust me on this one. Because if I used any proof, I'd be dead. meat.
2. Bless his heart, he calls his mom every day. He's a momma's boy.
3. He has this quiet strength that makes you trust everything he says and love him for it.
4. He would do anything (and he does) for his family.
5. He loves his kids, but man, do his grandkids have grandpa wrapped around their fingers.
6. He's the donkey every year for our family Christmas nativity. Except the one year when the role was taken by another, but he was given the supporting role of "cow"
7. He is the most giving person I know. His calling as Bishop requires him to give a lot, but he does it all willingly. He does it for the people around him. I've been blessed to see him in action so many times, and it really is humbling.
8. He has incredible and inspiring faith in and love for God.
9. He's the handiest man to have around. Really though. He can do it all. Cars, floors, plumbing, carpentry, the list goes on and on. I just don't know what he cannot do.
10. He opens the door for my mom every single time they get into a car. For 37+ years he has treated her like a queen. He's gone to countless concerts, carried her cello to and fro, supporting her musical endeavors. I've heard my sisters say "Don't date any guy who doesn't treat you as well as dad treats mom." He's set the bar real high.
11. The man loves history. He eats up books about American history, European history, church history. He's like a walking tour guide. One of the smartest people I know.
12. He is a protector and there is no where safer I feel than with him. He takes his priesthood responsibilities very seriously. What an example.
13. He loves going to the movie theater. So one would assume that he loves watching movies. But he's just too hardworking to sit and watch a movie at home. Or maybe it's just the ADD. ;)
14. Brad loves his popcorn. He will eat popcorn till the cows come home.
15. He tells me he's proud of me all the time. And every single one of his kids and grandkids.
17. He is the best. storyteller. of. all. time. I still remember some of the stories he told me as a kid. Louie the Lizard was a childhood staple. He'd lay on my floor at night and make these stories up on the fly. Still does. Louie has taken on a new generation of kiddos.
18. He's an incredible artist. I just love looking at his paintings and drawings. Many moons ago, we'd sit next to him in church and have him draw pictures for us, mostly of us as princesses, or Mack our dog, or whatever.
19. He is the hardest working man I know. He's run two half marathons and done a sprint triathlon in the last two years. He works his buns off at work to provide for his family. I can't say just how much I appreciate that.
20. I know he knows the gospel is true. He never hesitates to share the gospel or his testimony with those around him. Family scripture study and prayer are always a priority for him. I've learned so much from him temporally and spiritually.
(I could go on and on. But I will say one more)
21. He's hilarious. Sometimes unintentionally. He can be a bit passive aggressive. Ex. While trying to pull out of a parallel parking space, a driver cut him off. Dad-"Thanks a lot, sweetie." Still one of my favorite catch phrases.
Happy birthday, dad. I think the world of you. I love you!
love,
your little girl.
7. He is the most giving person I know. His calling as Bishop requires him to give a lot, but he does it all willingly. He does it for the people around him. I've been blessed to see him in action so many times, and it really is humbling.
8. He has incredible and inspiring faith in and love for God.
9. He's the handiest man to have around. Really though. He can do it all. Cars, floors, plumbing, carpentry, the list goes on and on. I just don't know what he cannot do.
10. He opens the door for my mom every single time they get into a car. For 37+ years he has treated her like a queen. He's gone to countless concerts, carried her cello to and fro, supporting her musical endeavors. I've heard my sisters say "Don't date any guy who doesn't treat you as well as dad treats mom." He's set the bar real high.
11. The man loves history. He eats up books about American history, European history, church history. He's like a walking tour guide. One of the smartest people I know.
12. He is a protector and there is no where safer I feel than with him. He takes his priesthood responsibilities very seriously. What an example.
13. He loves going to the movie theater. So one would assume that he loves watching movies. But he's just too hardworking to sit and watch a movie at home. Or maybe it's just the ADD. ;)
14. Brad loves his popcorn. He will eat popcorn till the cows come home.
15. He tells me he's proud of me all the time. And every single one of his kids and grandkids.
16. ^Because of that and other things like it, he instills confidence in every person he meets.
17. He is the best. storyteller. of. all. time. I still remember some of the stories he told me as a kid. Louie the Lizard was a childhood staple. He'd lay on my floor at night and make these stories up on the fly. Still does. Louie has taken on a new generation of kiddos.
18. He's an incredible artist. I just love looking at his paintings and drawings. Many moons ago, we'd sit next to him in church and have him draw pictures for us, mostly of us as princesses, or Mack our dog, or whatever.
19. He is the hardest working man I know. He's run two half marathons and done a sprint triathlon in the last two years. He works his buns off at work to provide for his family. I can't say just how much I appreciate that.
20. I know he knows the gospel is true. He never hesitates to share the gospel or his testimony with those around him. Family scripture study and prayer are always a priority for him. I've learned so much from him temporally and spiritually.
(I could go on and on. But I will say one more)
21. He's hilarious. Sometimes unintentionally. He can be a bit passive aggressive. Ex. While trying to pull out of a parallel parking space, a driver cut him off. Dad-"Thanks a lot, sweetie." Still one of my favorite catch phrases.
Happy birthday, dad. I think the world of you. I love you!
love,
your little girl.

He is the best. Great posts, my dear. We really are blessed to have the most amazing parents ever.
ReplyDelete