Saturday, February 21, 2009

Life is Wonderful


Wedding time is winding down- only one more reception in WA. I'm really excited because I've never been to Washington state and my mom and I are staying with Tammy and Travis. The wedding was beautiful and Kate looked gorgeous and she glowed all day. They are a very cute couple. The day was unbelievably perfect; great weather, fun company, everything went smoothly. The friday before the wedding, I got a phone call from Kelley S., the president of Womens Chorale at school and from Leah Graefe both of whom are members of T.W.E.L.V.E. They were calling me to let me know that I was a new member of 12! I could not believe it. not at all. Twelve stands for Twelver Wonderful Energetic Lovable Vocal Entertainers. and there are 12 of us. 6 girls and 6 guys. Next year I'll be the only junior girl while the other 5 are seniors. I'm really excited. About 2 weeks before auditions, I decided that I wasnt going to audition and sign up for some other classes. The day of auditions, I felt myself saying, "what could it hurt?" Little did I know that Mrs. Riley and the judges loved my audition and would ask me later to audition for 12. I am so grateful for this opportunity! Now its time to go shopping for my outfit:D
Oh and btw, I FINISHED MY AP TEST! Ahhhh, it feels so good to say that. I prayed and fasted and had my dad give me a father's blessing the night before the test, and I felt pretty great about it. I know that the priesthood has saved me a number of times in my life, especially May 14. :) I'm so grateful for my dad who holds the priesthood who can guide me in my life and give me blessings when I feel that I need them.
Another tender mercy- the largest tender mercy of my life so far, happened on the way to the airport in SLC going home to VA. Uncle Jeff was driving his big SUV and we were on our way after a quick prayer with Grandma Wride. On neighborhood road, a small toyota car was driving in opposite of us. At the very last second, he changed into the very lane that we were in , heading straight towards us. God bless him, Jeff swerved to the left into the other lane and just missed the car. Unfortunately, the small rusty truck behind us didn't see him in time to get completely out of the way and he swerved to the right, getting the greatest impact right on the driver's side of the car. Debris flew every where and the cars spun and spun; the sound of crunching metal and breaking glass will forever be embedded in my brain. Jeff during this whole 5 second time frame is yelling "He's trying to kill us! He's trying to kill somebody!" My first reaction is complete and utter terror. After Jeff pulled over the car and jumped out of the seat along with my dad, my thoughts were calmed a bit as I surveyed the cars outside. I felt my mom hug me and I realized that my uncle had just saved our lives. Granted that hitting the huge SUV with the little white toyota probably wouldn't have done too much damage, it quite possibly could have sent someone to the hospital-therefore missing our flight. As my mom, dad, and uncle called 911 as fast as they could think I sat there feeling a mix of sorrow, joy, fright, and shock. After about 5 minutes I mustered up the animo to get out of the car with mom. I didnt dare get too close to the cars because I've seen my share of driver;s ed videos. The driver of the small white car had a 15 month baby in the backseat. The first ambulence to arrive took him to the hospital alone, while the man was being asked questions by the police. My dad and Jeff both said that he was most likely on something because he was completely bewildered by why he was there, and whats going on? I believe that Jeff was guided by the spirit that day and I am so grateful that he was in tune to the spirit enough to save us.
The past friday was the VA reception, which was really fun:) the house was all fru-frued up with tulle and ribbons and bows. Good stuff. The Coxes came down to help out, which was very needed. I say it was a success! Plus LOTS of left-over coconut cake. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment